Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Young People, Beware of Love that is Actually Vampirism

When I say I love you, I mean exactly that.
When I tell you that the way you are bending over
to pick up the remote
is the wrong way,
it is only because I do not want you to strain your muscles.
When I tell you the way your mother raised you is stupid,
it is only that, well, what you said she said is clearly stupid.
When I tell you that you are washing the windows wrong,
it is only because washing them right will make you feel better.

And when you have learned all of my lessons,
taken them into your heart to let them rest there,
to eat at you, eat away all the old stupid habits you used to know,
when the outer shell that you call your Self
has been replaced by a garment actually worth wearing--
me--
then you will be happy, as I am happy. Come, take my hand,
and let's begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment